The Produce CSA is a partnership between the farmer and the subscriber. The subscriber pays the farmer in advance for a promise of the best produce the farmer can grow. In turn, the farmer offers farm fresh food to the subscriber for an agreed upon number of weekly harvests.
The harvest season for the Produce CSA stretches from the first week of June through the middle of October, twenty weeks in all.
Being a CSA member is not like shopping at the grocery store! This is second only to having your own backyard garden. This is the BEST value we offer at the farm.
Depending on your preference, each week you either come out to the farm or visit one of our drop off sites. You fill your bags with produce we have harvested.
The shares contain as much variety and abundance as is available to us on a Maine farm from June through October. We try to have 8-14 different items. We group things that taste good together for example heirloom tomatoes and basil or fresh strawberries and mint. There is always something that will make a delicious salad and occasionally something that is new to you. We do our best to pile on the favorites: carrots, strawberries, lettuce, cukes, peas, and those little orange cherry tomatoes- Sungolds!
How To Sign Up:
- The price is $600. There is $25 discount if you pay in full.
- You can pay online using a credit card.
- Sign ups happen online. Click here to sign up.
- You can choose to pay in 3 installments or you can pay in full and receive a $25 discount.
- Although we love to see everyone out at the farm as often as possible, we offer delivery to Cape Elizabeth, South Portland and Portland on Tuesdays. (There is a $75 fee.)
- If you are splitting a CSA share with another household, one member will need to be the primary shareholder and the other will be entered into the system as Split Partner.
Once you sign up, how it works:
- After you sign up, we use your financial contribution to buy supplies for the growing season and to budget for labor.
- In February, we start planting seeds in the greenhouse.
- Starting near to the first week of June, we are ready to start harvesting.
- We send all our members an email to let them know we are getting started with distributions of produce.
- We also blog about it and put it on Facebook.
- Then, each week, for 20 weeks, you arrive to your chosen pick-up location between 2-7PM, on your chosen pick-up day and retrieve your share.
- Items are set out in the Long Barn, and a chalkboard indicates how much of each item is included in the week's share.
- You take it home and make delicious meals.